In God We Trust

Did ya know that Congress ordered that the motto "In God We Trust" be placed on American currency in 1864? The phrase replaced "E Pluribus Unim" as the "official" motto of the United States in 1956! Sure hope it never "officially" changes. I like the story about finding a penny on the sidewalk ... it goes something like this,  when you find a penny on the sidewalk, stop and pick it up, and realize that we worry and frett about things we cannotchange. Read the words , “In God We Trust,” take a deep breath and say "Yes, God, I get the message!"

1 comment:

  1. I hope it never changes too. Our country has been blessed by God...though I don't think many realize the grace and mercy we have known.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to respond to your comments but I can only do this if I have your email address. If you are a 'no-reply' blogger and have a question, you may either leave an email address with your comment or send me an "E" directly. Thanks for stopping by!