Did you know:
- One large log lasts two to three times longer than the same volume of smaller logs.
- That you should burn only seasoned wood?
- Wood-burning stoves are three times more efficient than standard fireplaces.
- For the prettiest flames, burn birch or maple.
- Add a handful of pine or hemlock needles, rosemary sprigs, or sage branches to your next fire to add natural incense to the room.
- Did you know that one cord of wood burned as firewood provides the heat equivalent to that produced by burning 200 to 250 gallons of heating oil, depending on the type of hardwood you are using?
- That the best wood to burn is rock elm, shagbark hickory, white oak, butternut hickory, beech, red oak, yellow birch, red elm, white ash, and white elm?