Missing Harry

With the qualities of cleanliness, affection, patience, dignity, and courage that cats have, how many of us, I ask you, would be capable of becoming cats? - Fernand Mery

In a previous post, I mentioned that our best cat ever, Harry, had passed. It was a hard time for all the family, but I was deeply, deeply sad.  The house seemed empty without him even though we still had Jessie, Fidget, and Lily there. Jessie also seemed to miss him terribly.  Fidget spent hours just staring at random objects as if he lost something and couldn't remember how to find it.  I spent a lot of time going to animal shelters and playing with the tuxedo cats and kittens there.
 
It was then I noticed that black cats and kittens and even tuxedo cats seem to be the last adopted.  I would love to have a sanctuary someday just for such cats!  Eventually, I came across a little black kitty that we adopted.  He was almost entirely black but had a little white "bow tie" under his chin. He was a sweet kitty.  We named him Kezl, which is Yiddish for kitty.  And now we were back up to four cats under one roof and thought that would be the number of kitties we would probably never exceed.  But we were wrong .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to respond to your comments but I can only do this if I have your email address. If you are a 'no-reply' blogger and have a question, you may either leave an email address with your comment or send me an "E" directly. Thanks for stopping by!