A Working Weekend!

Whew! I'm glad to get back to work!!! This weekend was spent spring cleaning the back porch, spray painting the wicker furniture, and working on getting the yard and flower beds in order! I can hardly move! But it was well worth it! Here are some pictures of the back porch. The garage-sale wicker pieces have been freshly painted a brick red, the old oven cleaned of winter grime and a few plants are on display.  The couch pillows are still in the dryer and I need to add a few more homely touches, but it makes it feel like spring has finely arrived here in Iowa! I didn't get much stitching done this weekend, but I'm loving the way the yard and porch are looking (clean, at least)! Do you have any pictures of your favorite summer sitting place to share?

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I sooo love that stove. It looks so shiny and new; what a find! If I had a porch I would want red furniture too, it's wonderful. Hope the season is full of great days o sit and enjoy it all, B=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first year with a porch and I love it. I spent Saturday cleaning one coat of the yellow pollen off my porch furniture and floor (with a mask on!). Once the pollen-shedding has ceased, we'll have to clean the screens. The price we pay for living in the spring beauty of the south, although the bulk of the pollen mess is shed from the pine trees! I love your wicker. That's on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    All my wicker has come from either a thrift store or an auction (no piece cost more than $20!). They are old pieces that have seen alot of wear and tear but painting them every season seems to hold them together! I have a dream that one day I'll have a complete set of wicker and that it may possibly come from a real store!!!! We don't have pollen like that up in Iowa but we do have cotton wood trees that make screens a mess! Enjoy your porch ... they are great for relaxing and the kitties love them!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to respond to your comments but I can only do this if I have your email address. If you are a 'no-reply' blogger and have a question, you may either leave an email address with your comment or send me an "E" directly. Thanks for stopping by!